Transfer truncated: only 8264 out of 5088286 bytes received

Started by Oho, April 17, 2023, 08:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oho

Hi,

I need to install the ExifTool with cpanm on ubuntu 22.04 and have trouble to install it.

When I run

cpanm  EXIFTOOL/Image-ExifTool-12.60.tar.gz -vvv

I always get

Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/E/EX/EXIFTOOL/Image-ExifTool-12.60.tar.gz ... ERROR: Transfer truncated: only 8264 out of 5088286 bytes received
I also tried the same with version /Image-ExifTool-12.50.tar.gz
but the error ist then also

Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/E/EX/EXIFTOOL/Image-ExifTool-12.50.tar.gz ... ERROR: Transfer truncated: only 8264 out of 5088286 bytes received
FAIL

To be sure that everything else works on that system I installed

cpanm  OALDERS/libwww-perl-6.68.tar.gz -vvv

and

cpanm  MVZ/Email-Outlook-Message-0.920.tar.gz

whithout any problems.

Is this maybe a known issue or do you have an idea to work around this problem?

Best
Oliver

Phil Harvey

Hi Oliver,

Looks like a cpanm issue.  I haven't seen this, so I don't know of a work-around.  The work-around would be to download the package directly and install it yourself.  (This is easy -- see the README file.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Oho

Hi Phil,

thanks for your quick response.

Sorry but manual installation is not an option for me, because I need to automate the installation for exiftool and many other perl modules with ansible vor several servers. And yes, I read your README.md, but it does not fit for the requirements given to me.

As I wrote before other perl modules install well with cpanm, only the exiftool is not working.

By the way the same happens with the pure cpan install.

I see your needs to provide an option to install exiftool standalonde for all the guys that are not using the perl ecosystem, but it would be realy helpfull if exiftool can be installed also with the standard procedure that is used for all the other modules in the perl wolrd.

Oliver

Phil Harvey

Hi Oliver,

This is the wrong place for this bug report.  It should be reported to the cpanm maintainers.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

The problem seems to be on your end.  I copy/pasted your command directly into Windows CMD and there wasn't any problem
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).