MP3 with multiple ID3v2_3 pictures

Started by axelrose, April 08, 2014, 03:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axelrose

Hello,

I would like to use exiftool to extract images from MP3. This works great unless I have multiple picture entries.

As an example:

exiftool -X mysample.mp3 | grep Picture
<ID3v2_3:PictureMimeType>image/jpg</ID3v2_3:PictureMimeType>
<ID3v2_3:PictureType>Front Cover</ID3v2_3:PictureType>
<ID3v2_3:PictureDescription>Briovere Buffentis : Latin One (13)</ID3v2_3:PictureDescription>
<ID3v2_3:Picture>(Binary data 22542 bytes, use -b option to extract)</ID3v2_3:Picture>
<ID3v2_3:PictureMimeType>image/png</ID3v2_3:PictureMimeType>
<ID3v2_3:PictureType>Lyricist</ID3v2_3:PictureType>
<ID3v2_3:PictureDescription>http://www.jamendo.com</ID3v2_3:PictureDescription>
<ID3v2_3:Picture>(Binary data 6889 bytes, use -b option to extract)</ID3v2_3:Picture>
<ID3v2_3:PictureMimeType>image/png</ID3v2_3:PictureMimeType>
<ID3v2_3:PictureType>Other</ID3v2_3:PictureType>
<ID3v2_3:PictureDescription>http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/</ID3v2_3:PictureDescription>
<ID3v2_3:Picture>(Binary data 5460 bytes, use -b option to extract)</ID3v2_3:Picture>

If I now do
exiftool -b -ID3v2_3:Picture
I just get the first one.

Can I somehow use an index parameter or extract all Pictures to two different output files?

Thanks, Axel.

Phil Harvey

Hi Axel,

Try this:  exiftool -a -b -Picture -W %d%f_picture%c.%s FILE

Where FILE is one or more file and/or directory names.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

axelrose

Trying with exiftool ver 9.20

➜  audio  exiftool -a -b -ID3v2_3:Picture -W %d%f_picture%c.%s mysample.mp3
    1 output files created
➜  audio  ls -1 mysample*
mysample.mp3
mysample_picture.%s

Phil Harvey

Hi Axel,

Try updating to a more recent version of ExifTool.  The -W feature was added in version 9.23 (more than a year ago).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

axelrose