Filter Whatsapp Fotos and move to a seperate Folder

Started by chess, October 01, 2018, 03:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chess

Hi there,

I like to seperate my Fotos into those I have taken with my smartphone and those having received by Whatsapp. Looking onto the exif Data I found out, that my apple always sets the 'LensMake' tag to Apple and all without are not take by the smartphone. What would be the exiftool command to filter the ones not having apple as 'LensMake' / having 'LensMake' Empty and move them to a subdirectory calles WhatsApp?

Thanks for you help,

Carsten

StarGeek

Try
exiftool -if "not $LensMake" -directory=WhatsApp FileOrDir

Swap double/single quotes if you're on Mac/Linux.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

chess

Thanks, thats works perfectly. How would the Statement look like, if I want to filter for a specific model?

Thanks,
Carsten

Phil Harvey

Something like this:

exiftool -if "not $LensMake and $model =~ /SOME MODEL NAME/i" -directory=WhatsApp FileOrDir

This will match a partial string inside the value of the Model tag, with case-insensitve matching (remove the "i" for case sensitivity).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

chess