InDesign Ingredients

Started by Yetea, February 10, 2020, 06:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yetea

Good morning,

it seems like it is not possible to read the IngredientFilePath´s of an InDesign file.
I am able extract the ingredients from a InDesign CC 2015 File, but not from an actual version of InDesign.
The problem exists since 3 years for now, are there any plans on getting it back working for the actual InDesign Version?

Using a Mac with the newest os.
ExifTool version 11.32
Using : exiftool -IngredientsFilePath <sampleFile>
Output is just, nothing.

Greetings, Yetea
...If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Phil Harvey

Could you send me a sample?  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Yetea

email sent.
Attached a download link, the mail would exceed the MB limit.

greetings,
Yetea

Phil Harvey

Hi Yetea,

I've taken a look at the files you sent.

Your issue is with Adobe.

ExifTool is correctly extracting the XMP from both files, but the problem seems to be that Adobe InDesign 15.0 doesn't write the Ingredients metadata like Adobe InDesign CC 2015 does.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Yetea

Good morning,

any ideas how to get the information anyways?
Or another workaround?

For now the only workaround i got, is to read the whole InDesign file
as a binary and search via grep for the specific images inside the document.

greetings,
Yetea

Phil Harvey

Sorry, I don't know much about InDesign files.  ExifTool only deals with the XMP metadata in these files.

- Phil