Microsoft Xtra Atom Editor?

Started by jonnyryder92, December 08, 2020, 11:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnyryder92

Are there any programs available that would allow someone to write in Microsoft Xtra Atoms? I've been trying to find a program to edit the "Tags' section instead of manually having to Right Click and edit  it for every single file in Windows 10 File Explorer.

I've used Exiftool, but it seems that it can only read the Tags section in a property called "Category" but there's no way to write anything in.

Thanks!

StarGeek

The only program I've found that would write some of the Microsoft video tags is MP3tag.  Even though it's main focus is audio files, it can edit some of the Microsoft tags in MP4 video files.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

jonnyryder92

Unfortunately, I tried that and TagLib. None of them worked. The closest I came to being able to actually edit tags was using a program called MP4 Video & Audio Editor from the Microsoft Store, but it didn't allow for batch editing.  :'(

StarGeek

Is it this app?
MP4 Video & Audio Tag Editor

I wanted to get a non Microsoft store link for future reference.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

jonnyryder92

Yes, that's it.

It allows you to add in "Tags" for MP4 files, but the problem is that it only lets you do one file at a time!