Negative coordinates when geotagging

Started by ChristopherRounds, March 25, 2021, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristopherRounds

Hello All,
I know this has been asked before but the command is still not working and I am new to exiftools so please bear with me :)
I am trying to geotag photos based on a csv file with columns SourceFile, GPSLongitude and GPSLatitude. The Longitude coordinates are negative and when I try and display in Arc using GeoTagged Photos To Points tool the Longitude displays the coordinates in the East instead of West.
The specific command I am using is
exiftool -GPSLongitude -GPSLatitude -exif:GpsLongitudeRef"W" -csv="pathtocsv/csv.csv" -o output/ pathtophotos/
Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

ChristopherRounds

answered my own question by changing it to -exif:GpsLongitudeRef=W . Commence head banging

StarGeek

You can also assign the GPS coordinate to the GPS reference tag and exiftool will figure out the correct reference.  Even easier, you can use a wild card to assign both the coordinate and the reference at once.
exiftool -GPSLatitude*=-13.157832702 -GPSLongitude*=-72.540664504 /path/to/files/

Example:
C:\>exiftool -P -overwrite_original -GPSLatitude*=-13.157832702 -GPSLongitude*=-72.540664504 y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\>exiftool -g1 -a -s -gps* y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
---- GPS ----
GPSVersionID                    : 2.3.0.0
GPSLatitudeRef                  : South
GPSLatitude                     : 13 deg 9' 28.20"
GPSLongitudeRef                 : West
GPSLongitude                    : 72 deg 32' 26.39"
---- Composite ----
GPSLatitude                     : 13 deg 9' 28.20" S
GPSLongitude                    : 72 deg 32' 26.39" W
GPSPosition                     : 13 deg 9' 28.20" S, 72 deg 32' 26.39" W
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Quote from: StarGeek on March 25, 2021, 02:04:15 PM
Even easier, you can use a wild card to assign both the coordinate and the reference at once.
exiftool -GPSLatitude*=-13.157832702 -GPSLongitude*=-72.540664504 /path/to/files/

StarGeek is such a wizard with ExifTool.  This use of the wildcard is too cool.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).