Supposed to move files but copied instead

Started by lumiere, January 03, 2022, 07:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Read again the documentation that StarGeek showed you.

Do you understand the difference between "real" and "system" tags?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

lumiere

Quote from: Phil Harvey on January 19, 2022, 09:03:16 PM
Read again the documentation that StarGeek showed you.

Do you understand the difference between "real" and "system" tags?

- Phil
No, I don't. Where can I read about it ? Googling didn't help much to be honest.

Phil Harvey

The pseudo System tags are explained in the second paragraph here, and are listed in the table on that page.  Use the -G1 option when extracting to see which tags are System tags.

System tags are stored in the file system.  Composite tags are derived from the values of other tags.  All other tags are "real", and are stored in the file itself.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

lumiere

$ exiftool -time:all -a -G0:1 -s ./Image-ExifTool-12.30/t/images/Panasonic.jpg
[File:System]   FileModifyDate                  : 2006:01:04 19:02:27+00:00
[File:System]   FileAccessDate                  : 0000:00:00 00:00:00
[File:System]   FileInodeChangeDate             : 2021:12:27 23:01:57+00:00
[EXIF:IFD0]     ModifyDate                      : 2004:08:28 15:55:46
[EXIF:ExifIFD]  DateTimeOriginal                : 2004:08:28 15:55:46
[EXIF:ExifIFD]  CreateDate                      : 2004:08:28 15:55:46

So the first 3 tags are the system tags (I would say file attributes) and the last 3 are the "real"  tags ?

Phil Harvey