Main Menu

New XMP-aux tags

Started by blue-j, July 13, 2022, 06:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue-j

Adobe has a new feature in Camera Raw (and likely in Lightroom) called "Enhance" and these are the fields conveying the settings used: 

<aux:EnhanceDetailsAlreadyApplied>True</aux:EnhanceDetailsAlreadyApplied>
         <aux:EnhanceDetailsVersion>218300416</aux:EnhanceDetailsVersion>
         <aux:EnhanceSuperResolutionAlreadyApplied>True</aux:EnhanceSuperResolutionAlreadyApplied>
         <aux:EnhanceSuperResolutionVersion>218103808</aux:EnhanceSuperResolutionVersion>
         <aux:EnhanceSuperResolutionScale>2/1</aux:EnhanceSuperResolutionScale>

Full XMP export attached.  It looks possible there are more crs tags too but I haven't gotten into that yet.

- J

blue-j

Also checking on this one to see if it is in the queue?

- J

Phil Harvey

Thanks!  These will be added in ExifTool 12.49.

This sample also contains non-standard XMP-exif tags (SerialNumber should be BodySerialNumber, and Lens should be in XMP-aux not XMP-exif).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

blue-j

Thanks brother Phil!

...And of course the new Photoshop (v24.0.0) was released yesterday.  So far I have not seen much change in metadata.  They are integrating the Content Authority initiative more, but I saw no evidence of it in the file.  And there are new AI features - those might write new Aux tags, will check.  ACR has a bunch of new editing tools but there is no new process version and the main options look identical to the prior version.  I shall return from the cave with news soon!  And files to examine/support claims.

- J

herb

Hello Phil, hello blue-j,

I downloaded the file new_xmp_aux.xmp and have seen that it contains tag
<exif:WhiteBalance>5</exif:WhiteBalance>
with unknown value 5

Is it an error inside the file or has Exiftool to be enhanced because of changes in Photoshop.

Best regards
herb

Phil Harvey

This value is not defined by the standard.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).