Can't locate Image/ExifTool/UserDefined.pm

Started by blue-j, June 19, 2023, 12:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue-j

Wow this is a new one!  I've received this error on Ubuntu:

Can't locate Image/ExifTool/UserDefined.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Image::ExifTool::UserDefined module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/bin/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.30.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.30.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.30 /usr/share/perl/5.30 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at (eval 125) line 1.
Never seen it before.  Tried a fresh install without joy.  I discovered it while extracting data from a Photo Sphere JPG, presumably that has user-defined fields?

- J

ExifTool 12.6.3    Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (x86_64)

Phil Harvey

Can you send me the file so I can test it out (philharvey66 at gmail.com)?  Also, what command did you use, and are you using a config file?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

blue-j

This just evaporated, so let's chalk it up to environment unless it happens again?   - J