Get the command used by specific action in EXIFTOOLGUI

Started by GeoVan, September 07, 2023, 05:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoVan

Hello,

Please, how can i use the EXIFTOOLGUI to "grab" / "get" the output of the command already used through the GUI?
Example:
Lets say that i want to remove all exif metadata of a chosen file, i go to GUI ---> Modify -> Remove Metadata OK,
BUT
How can i find the command used for the specific process of exiftool and also its OUTPUT of the command? (that is the command used with the output of that command?)
This is very good to know because will help us to also LEARN the exiftool.exe commands better.
So, can you please explain me how can i get the command with its output using the wonderful EXIFTOOLGUI, please?

FrankB

To be sure I had a look at the source code. I could not find a way to do this. Maybe other, more experienced, users have a way of finding the commands used?
If I'm interested in a particular command I look in the source code, but that's not an option for everyone.

I am willing to add an option to ExifToolGui to have the commands logged. Maybe they could be added to the 'log window'?
If that would be a good addition to ExifToolGui, I will create an issue for that in GitHub.

GeoVan

YES this will be wonderful option.
We will be very very happy if you can add an option to have the commands logged and added to the 'log window'
Please add it in next release, please.

FrankB

OK. (But first get the Greek characters to display correctly)

GeoVan

Thank you very very much!!! We will wait for the new fixed version. Thank you!!!

GeoVan

ALL done in the new version V6.2.0
https://github.com/FrankBijnen/ExifToolGui/releases/tag/V6.2.0

Thank you very much!