Change Video name

Started by schlemiel29, January 21, 2024, 04:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schlemiel29

I have created a video several years ago. Unfortunately I didn't set the project name in FinalCut properly, so the name inside the video (tag) is wrong. This name is shown in Plex when listing the video. Could I use exiftool to change this tag? If yes, how?

wywh

Check which tag that app displays:

exiftool -a -G1 -s -n -api LargeFileSupport=1 -api QuickTimeUTC=1 movie.mov
Then change it with something like (Final Cut might have used ItemList instead Keys, other apps might use UserData. Apple's current apps prefer to display Keys):

exiftool -m -P -overwrite_original -Keys:Title='Title' -Keys:DisplayName='Headline' -Keys:Author='Author' -Keys:Keywords='Keywords 1,Keywords 2' -Keys:Description='Description' movie.mov
- Matti

StarGeek

It's been a very long time since I checked what tags Plex read, but this is what I have in my notes.  I'll have to find time to update it.

Plex Media Player

TitleQuicktime:ItemList:Title
GenreQuicktime:ItemList:Genre
StudioQuicktime:ItemList:Copyright
SummaryQuicktime:ItemList:LongDescription
CastQuicktime:ItemList:Artist
Sort TitleQuicktime:ItemList:SortName
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

mistercam

Thank you for this! I was having tremendous difficulty figuring out what exif tag was linked to the "Studio" field in Plex. I never would have guessed it was the copyright tag.