how add a new PersonInImage to every image in a folder

Started by fotgrafToday, December 18, 2023, 03:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

See Supported File Types table to see what file types support EXIF, IPTC, XMP, or other data types.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

fotgrafToday

thank you Phil

used "exiftool "-XMP:Description<=%dDescription.txt" -ext xmp -r FOLDER" and it set the description erfectly and is visible in Photo Mechanic as well BBEdit.

fotgrafToday

Quote from: StarGeek on February 19, 2024, 11:27:45 PMSee Supported File Types table to see what file types support EXIF, IPTC, XMP, or other data types.

thank you for the link, but I have difficulty making sense of file types, exif, etc how to label everything and so forth. Just hasn't "clicked" yet

michael

fotgrafToday

thank you again for your help, worked perfectly!

One more question, how can I force Exiftool to overwrite a description if one already exists? It seems that when I run the commands we spoke of, it won't overwrite anything present.

Michael

StarGeek

I don't see anything in the previous commands that would prevent overwriting a tag.  Are you using exiftool to double check or some other program?  If it's some other program, they might need to "reload metadata" or something like that, or they are simply not reading the tags you think they are (see FAQ #3).
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

fotgrafToday

thank you for your answer...

When I used exiftool "-personinimage<=%dpersoninimage.txt" "-iptc:Caption-Abstract<=%dDescription.txt" -ext jpg -r FOLDER and then viewed the data with PhotoMechanic, it had the same description as before. I had to change the description to blank and then it worked.

I will admit, ExifTool is not something I am friends with yet, despite it doing an amazing job thanks to the help I am getting.