Error attempting to alter metadata in ORF files

Started by casdvm, March 24, 2024, 12:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

casdvm

Hello:

I was compelled to use an older Olympus camera (E-P1) on a recent trip, and the camera would not allow me to set the date and time.  I tracked all of the necessary information so that I could utilize exiftool when I returned home.  (I use a MacBook Pro, latest OS.)  However, the following command only worked on the JPG files:

exiftool -copyright='Smith' -datetimeoriginal='2024:03:18 10:00:00' -createdate='2024:03:18 10:00:00' /Users.../OlympusEP1/SecondCard/100OLYMP/P1010924.jpg

Any attempt against an ORF file resulted in this:

Error: [minor] Error reading value for ImageProcessingIFD entry 146, ID 0x1104 -
I also tried via this code, once I had a file with the proper tag data:

exiftool -TagsFromFile /Users/...OlympusEP1/SecondCard/100OLYMP/P1010924.jpg -createdate -copyright -datetimeoriginal /Users/.../0318March2024

All of the JPG images in that directory updated nicely, but none of the ORF files were affected.  Incidentally, there were a few AVI video files in that directory that also were not updated, but I have not tried to work with them at all.

I would really like to update these ORF files, is there something that I am neglecting?

Thank you very much,

Phil Harvey

ExifTool doesn't currently write AVI format.

Regarding the ORF, you can add -m to ignore minor errors, but you should verify that the resulting files are OK because this could be an indication of a problem in the file format.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

casdvm