ExifTool Filemaker Server

Started by robyt, June 14, 2024, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robyt

Hi,
I have a problem only with ExifTool installed or not. with ExifTool (12.86) installed on Mac with MacOs Sonoma, when filemaker server (20.3.1) launch the command "Autoinsert date&time" on a database, it uses a different timezone (0) than the operating system (+2)
If I uninstall ExifTool, the command uses the right timezone.
es: with ET installed TS=14/06/2024 15:07:22
without ET not installed TS=14/06/2024 17:07:22
it should be underlined that in this case ET is not recalled

I hope I was able to explain myself
Rob

StarGeek

You will have to find out what the actual exiftool command that is run. We can help with exiftool, but can't provide support for "filemaker server".
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

blue-j

ExifTool is inert unless it is called.  it cannot make anything happen simply by being installed.  if your description of this case is complete, then it is a shocking oddity within the FileMaker Server codebase and has nothing to do with ExifTool.  the other edge possibility is that macOS has some code built in to look for ExifTool, which is highly, highly unlikely.

i suspect that there is another cause, and recommend further investigation.  it may be an interaction effect - ExifTool's presence coincides with the issue, but is not itself alone the cause.

it may be that this link would prove useful to you?

https://community.claris.com/en/s/question/0D50H00006h8uZQSAY/get-current-client-time-zone

- J