-s tag listed no spaces but getting Warning is not defined

Started by fe2cruz, July 17, 2024, 08:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fe2cruz

I got a list of tags without spaces from -s.
However when I input the commands -cameralensmodel= or -CameraLensModel-und-US=
I get Warning" Tag 'cameralensmodel' is not defined
even though it is the exact tag listed from -s
I was able to do commands with *lens or camera* but this three-word tag I can't figure out.
Any help would be much appreciated.

StarGeek

From what I can tell, there's not tag called CameraLensModel listed on any of the Tags Names page. This means that even though the tag may exist, there isn't a definition to be able to write it.

Also, the fact that you are getting the name of the tag indicates it is probably an XMP tag. What is the exact output of this command
exiftool -G1 -a -s -CameraLensModel file.jpg
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

fe2cruz

Ah thanks StarGeek, I ran the full line and the 2 tags I want appear as:
[Track1]        CameraLensModel-und-US         
[Keys]          CameraLensModel 
I tried:
exiftool -cameralensmodel= file and got the warning is not defined
What should be my command line or is this an XMP and I have to read up on that?

StarGeek

No, these are Quicktime tags. Exiftool doesn't know these tags, so it can't write them.

The Track1 tag can't be removed by exiftool at all. The Keys tag can probably be removed by removing all keys tags and then adding them back in, though you should test it out first
exiftool -Keys:all= -TagsFromFile @ -Keys:All /path/to/files/

This would also have the side effect of removing any other unknown Keys tags.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

fe2cruz

It worked thank you so much!
We can't change the File Type & Major Brand tags, can we?

StarGeek

Quote from: fe2cruz on July 18, 2024, 12:13:55 AMWe can't change the File Type & Major Brand tags, can we?

FileType isn't embedded metadata, it's the actual type of the file. You can't simply change a jpeg into a PNG or MP4 into an MKV by flipping a tag.  It has to be converted to the new file type.

I think MajorBrand has to do with the compression format of the file.  Again, not something you can change by simply flipping a tag. And I think this is always going to be a lossy operation. A PNG can be converted to a TIFF or similar lossless format and a MP4 can be converted to an MKV without losing any data, but converting MajorBrand means the data has to be completely recompressed to the new codec.

fe2cruz

Much appreciated. I think I'm getting the hang of this now.
'Did everything on copied test files in a test folder and it's way easier than I imagined; once a kind person like you explained the extra stuff.