Include Subfolders for JPG geolocation information CSV.

Started by DroneDude, July 25, 2024, 02:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DroneDude

Phil,
Thank you for putting this amazing tool out there for the public. i am not a script user or coder. I am using it to quality check image locations to asset locations from drone imagery. I am using the prompt below but I need to include all subfolders as well. I searched and didn't see anything that I could successfully make work yet.

exiftool -filename -gpslatitude -gpslongitude -createdate -relativealtitude -r -T -n -csv -ext JPG DIR1 > DIR2\out.csv
How do I add any sub-directories that are in DIR1? As you know, many drone manufacturers create a new folder for each flight.

We will often have the name_date as the top level folder and I will want to create an out put for every JPG in that folder and it's subs. Thanks!

Phil Harvey

Your command will already search for JPG files in subdirectories (and sub-subdirectories, etc) of DIR1 since you have included the -r option.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).