JFIFVersion parameter can't be changed?

Started by WAZAAAAA, November 06, 2010, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAZAAAAA

So I wanted to change the JFIFVersion value thing from 1.02 to 1.01 but it doesn't seem to work.
I've tryed the Exiftool direct function, executed the command line -JFIF:JFIFVersion=1.01 with no success... a popup saying "Warning: Sorry, JFIF:JFIFVersion doesn't exist or isn't writable. Nothing to do."
Does it mean that I can't change it? :\

If someone could tell me a working way to edit it...

Thanks in advance.

Phil Harvey

Yes.  This version number can't be changed using exiftool.  I'm not sure it is valid just to change the version number.  I would guess that the format of the JFIF information changes with version, but without looking up the specifications I can't be sure.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

WAZAAAAA

Thanks, I imagined it. However I've managed to change it by deleting the 1.02 img and making a new one, where I imported the source from another pic.

Anyway, thank you a lot both Phil and Bogdan for creating this awesome tool, really, it's undoubtedly the best on its field and I love it.