Deleting Creator Tool information.

Started by Lamb, August 24, 2012, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamb

Hello, I wish to delete information shown under Creator Tool but I don't know the commands for doing so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More information:
Creator Tool                    : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.5 (Macintosh)

How do I write a command to delete that information?

Lamb

After trying the command:

exiftool -creatortool= file.jpg

I am left with file.jpg which still has the creator tool information and a strange file.jpg_original. What's happening?

Phil Harvey

Your command is correct and will remove the CreatorTool information.  The "_original" file is a backup of the original image.

I suspect that you are looking at information cached by lightroom if you think that the creator tool information is still there.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Lamb

Success! The information I had been looking at was under Software                        : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.5 (Macintosh)

It seems Lightroom wrote information in both Software and Creator Tool fields and writing exiftool -software= file.jpg as well did the trick.

Thank you for the reply, Phil. Exiftool is an extremely useful tool, albeit a complicated one.