Can't call method "GetMarkerPointers" on unblessed reference

Started by Velo, January 21, 2013, 05:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velo

please see next post

Velo

Hi again,

I tried to delete GPS information using the command line, instead of using Geosetter (using the same computer). The file isn't updated either, but there's a more significant error message:

exiftool.exe -overwrite_original -gpsLatitude= -GPSLongitude= -GPSVersionID= "D:\P1182353.JPG"
Warning: [minor] Entries in IFD0 were out of sequence. Fixed. - D:/P1182353.JPG
Error: Bad format (0) for IFD0 entry 0 - D:/P1182353.JPG
    0 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors

I uploaded the orginal file here: http://www.go-mango.de/temp/P1182353.zip

Cheers
Andreas

Phil Harvey

The GetMarkerPointers problem sounds like a bad ExifTool installation.  You should delete this version and the temporary files (see here), then re-install.

The IFD0 error in your file is significant, and indicates corrupted metadata.  See FAQ 20 for help here.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Velo

Hi,

the GetMarkerPointers problem occurs only when calling Exiftool from Geosetter with option "ignore minor errors".

So I need to check my workflow. Usually I download pictures with Breezesys Downloader, which rotates jpegs and writes coordinates into them. After that, I backup all exif data, process some pictures with photoshop and restore all exif data.

Cheers
Andreas

Phil Harvey

Hi Andreas,

Ah, yes.  I can reproduce the GetMarkerPointers error for this image with the -m option.  I'll fix this in the next release -- ExifTool should not give runtime errors like this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).