Main Menu

SilverFast Raw data files

Started by Jossie, January 19, 2013, 09:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jossie

Hello everybody,

as a newcomer to this field I would like to ask for your help:

I am currently scanning my old slides with SilverFast and store the raw images for later processing in TIF-format. Unfortunately, I cannot make any changes to the metadata for these files. I always get the error message:

0 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors
Error: [minor] Maker notes could not be parsed - Test_0002.tif
<-END-

If I use e.g. IrfanView to convert the images to jpeg, there is no problem, except that all already existing metadata are lost.

Does anybody know why this is so and how I can get my raw files properly tagged?

Many thanks in advance,

Hermann-Josef

Phil Harvey

Hi Hermann-Josef,

You can add the -m option to downgrade this minor warning, allowing the file to be written.  (This is FAQ 15.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Jossie

Hello Phil,

many thanks for your fast reply. I activated under "Options" the "Ignore minor errors in metadata" and now it works.

Many thanks to you and Bogdan for making these nice and helpful tools available.

Hermann-Josef

Phil Harvey

Ooops.  I forgot which section of the forum I was in, but you found the checkbox anyway. :)

In this (the GUI) section of the forum: The "Ignore minor errors in metadata" checkbox in the options.

In the application section: The -m option.

In the API section: The IgnoreMinorErrors option.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).