trying to update an APP5 tag

Started by bww00, November 29, 2012, 04:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bww00

I am trying to update an APP5 tag.
I can pull the tag using
exiftool h:/rimg0002.jpg -APP5:"Org_ID" produces   Org ID                                 :   589743

I havent been able to find a combination to update the tag to say 1234

Help

and
THANKS

Phil Harvey

ExifTool doesn't write APP5 information yet.  See this section of the ExifTool home page for a list of what ExifTool reads/writes in JPEG images.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

bww00

Phil.,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Is the ability to update the app5 on the horizon ?

Thanks for your help

Bryan

Phil Harvey

Hi Bryan,

This feature is actually on my to-do list already, but it's down at number 264.  I've raised it up to number 6 to see if that helps. :)

Note that even being that high on the list doesn't mean much if things pile on the top faster than I remove them, but at least it's got more chance of getting done now.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

bww00

I understand how the lists go!!!

Thanks again for your help

Regards
Bryan

bww00

Phil,
Hope you and yours are well.

I was checking in on the app5 update capability.

Thanks for all you do

Regards
BRyan

Phil Harvey

Hmmm.  This request is now at number 19 on my to-do list. :P

I have a few questions: Is Org_ID a standard Ricoh tag?  Do you know where I can find a list of standard Ricoh tags?  (or at least a sample containing the tags you want to write?)  The tags need to be pre-defined in ExifTool to be able to write them.

- Phil

bww00

it is a custom tag, there are 3-4 custom tags at the moment

I will look for the std ricoh tags

Regards
BRyan

bww00

3 custom tags at the moment defined by our application vendor
org_id
Patient_id
type_image

they are customizable, and could be changed.
the tags have to do with patient

I have a ricoh manual that i can send also. Where should I send it ? I cans send a sample file also

It is a ricoh g700se.

I think that the tags are customizable thru the ricoh setup also

Regards
Bryan

I can send a test image also

Phil Harvey

Hi Bryan,

You can email the files to philharvey66 at gmail.com

Thanks.

Even if I add the ability to write Ricoh RMETA information you will still need to create user-defined tags to be able to write these custom tags.

- Phil