Copying "Region Person Display Name" into the fields "Last Keyword XMP"

Started by Groofertje, May 24, 2013, 03:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groofertje

First thing for all, a BIG compliment : It is a wonderful product, thank you, Phil!!

I have a stupid question,

I have tagged all the familyfoto's i have (there where a lot :D)
I have also inserted the display name in the subject tag so my media-server can retrieve the foto by individu.
Of course after the work i have forget to fill some of the display-name's into the subject tag

Is there a system to batch changing the XMP data so the "Region Person Display Name" is copied into the fields "Last Keyword XMP" and "Subject"

With other words the the fields "Last Keyword XMP" and "Subject" must be cleared and then copied with the information of the "Region Person Display Name" so they match

The file's are in the folder "Foto" and in the sub-folders named by date. The rest of the meta-data must be unchanged.

Thanks a lot

BTW, sorry for my poor english

Phil Harvey

Sure:

exiftool "-lastkeywordxmp<regionpersondisplayname" "-subject<regionpersondisplayname" -r c:\Foto

This will clear LastKeywordXMP and Subject, and set them to the same as RegionPersonDisplayName (if it exists).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Groofertje

Very very much thanks for the quick and working answer. Believe it or not but you saved may day.

Guy ;D