Question to output with option -g1:4

Started by herb, August 02, 2013, 08:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herb

Hallo Phil,

I have done some tests with XnViewMP 0.61 on my Windows XP Sp3 system.
In order to see what metadata were written by XnViewMP I displayed the metadata with Exiftool 9.34 using options -g1:x (and also others).

To output with option -g1:4 (which gives additional instance information) I have a question:
A headerline like e.g.: ---- XMP-photoshop:copy1 ----  usually is only given in case of also a "copy0" exists.
In case of no copy1 exists the header will be: ---- XMP-photoshop ----

But for files modified by XnViewMP I have an output which only gives a header: ---- XMP-photoshop:copy1 ----
This is confusing to me.

So I kindly ask you to have a look into that image file.
But I also must inform you that date and time values stored by XnViewMP do not always have the proper format requested by the standards.
I have informed the developer of XnViewMP.

I feeled free to send the image via mail.
Hoping this is ok for you,
Best regards
Herb

Phil Harvey

Hi Herb,

Sure.  Send me the file: philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Hi Herb,

I got your files.  The Copy1 for XMP-photoshop:DateCreated is because there is another DateCreated tag in the IPTC.  The "Copy" designator is on a per-tag-name basis.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

herb

Hello Phil,

thanks for your quick reply. My impression is that you were waiting for my post.
Thanks also for your explanations. Again I have learned new things about ExifTool.

Best regards
Herb