RSS Feed does not work

Started by Heiko, November 13, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heiko

Hello Phil,

it's not an ExifTool bug, but I think this is the right place to report this. The RSS feed of the ExifTool version history does not work (https://exiftool.org/rss.xml)

Regards
Heiko

Phil Harvey

Hi Heiko,

This surprises me.  The "rss.xml" file exists on the server, and I haven't made any changes to its formatting.

However, I lack the ability to test this myself since Apple has dropped RSS support in recent versions of Safari.

What RSS reader are you using?  On what platform?  And what exactly happens when you try to view this RSS file?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Ah.  Firefox still has an RSS reader.

I fixed the problem.  There was an HTML formatting error in the version of history.html that I used to generate the RSS file.

Thanks for pointing this out.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).