Systems Out of Memory Exception

Started by billscully@me.com, March 05, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billscully@me.com

I am receiving System Out Of Memory Exceptions when using the Windows .EXE EXIF to extract metadata.  Is there a way to increase the memory that EXIF will use.  I know I have ample computer memory (32GB) and my performance monitor shows I never exceed 25% useage; the problem seems to be in EXIF. 

Thank you,

Bill

Phil Harvey

Hi Bill,

The memory limitation is a known problem in Windows.  However, the memory limit is usually sufficient to cover all files except some odd PostScript files.  I don't know any way to increase the memory allocation for the application in Windows.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

billscully@me.com

Thanks for the quick response.  In my case, the file is an Adobe Premiere project file.  I read the project file to obtain information about media files used in the project.  I use the C# wrapper to interface to the .exe module.  I will look for a wrapper that can utilize the Perl code directly.

Bill