exiftool set S/W GPS value doesn't work (or so it seems)

Started by hvdwolf, March 16, 2014, 04:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvdwolf

Hi,

I use the following command (on Ubuntu 13.10) and tried several exiftool versions (9.13 up to latest 9.54)

exiftool  -P -overwrite_original_in_place   -exif:GPSLatitude="-32.69"  -exif:GPSLatitudeREF="S"  -xmp:GPSLatitude="-32.69"  -exif:GPSLongitude="-62.11"  -exif:GPSLongitudeREF="W"  -xmp:GPSLongitude="-62.11"  -exif:GPSAltitude=""  -xmp:GPSAltitude=""  -exif:GPSAltitudeRef= "0" -xmp:Location="" -iptc:Sub-location="" -xmp:Country="" -iptc:Country-PrimaryLocationName="" -xmp:State="" -iptc:Province-State="" -xmp:City="" -iptc:City="" -exif:Copyright="" -exif:UserComment="" -exif:GPSMapDatum="WGS-84" "/home/harryvanderwolf/Afbeeldingen/Import/20131111 Jente/20131111-01.jpg"
Error: File not found - 0
    1 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors

However, exiftool gives me the info when I use the command:
exiftool  "/home/harryvanderwolf/Afbeeldingen/Import/20131111 Jente/20131111-01.jpg" so I assume it is something in my command itself

As you can see I also  "clean" some info but when I simplify the command to:
exiftool  -P -overwrite_original_in_place   -exif:GPSLatitude="-32.69"  -exif:GPSLatitudeREF="S"  -xmp:GPSLatitude="-32.69"  -exif:GPSLongitude="-62.11"  -exif:GPSLongitudeREF="W"  -xmp:GPSLongitude="-62.11"   -exif:GPSAltitudeRef= "0"  -exif:GPSMapDatum="WGS-84" "/home/harryvanderwolf/Afbeeldingen/Import/20131111 Jente/20131111-01.jpg"
I still get the error. Changing the negative values to positive values in exif tags, combined with S/W, doesn't change a thing either.

Also when changing "/home/harryvanderwolf/Afbeeldingen/Import/20131111 Jente/20131111-01.jpg" to /home/harryvanderwolf/Afbeeldingen/Import/20131111\ Jente/20131111-01.jpg
doesn't make a difference
I get the same error. Changing double quotes to single quotes doesn't matter either.
What am I doing wrong?

As a side note: it does store the gps info but it doesn't show "negative" info for S/W
GPS Version ID                  : 2.3.0.0
GPS Map Datum                   : WGS-84
GPS Latitude                    : 32 deg 41' 24.00" S
GPS Latitude Ref                : South
GPS Longitude                   : 62 deg 6' 36.00" W
GPS Longitude Ref               : West
GPS Position                    : 32 deg 41' 24.00" S, 62 deg 6' 36.00" W
See my jExifToolGUI cross-platform java application (Website, Releases, Changelog) for Phil's marvelous exiftool.

Phil Harvey

This is your problem:  -exif:GPSAltitudeRef= "0"

There is a space after the "=", so the effect is that you are deleting EXIF:GPSAlititudeRef and specifying a file name of "0".

You might want to also read FAQ number 6.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

hvdwolf

Thanks. I was out and tried again and was just about to reply that I found it as well: I was looking at the commands (tags) and not at the spaces and so on.

However, when corrected that didn't help completely as  it gave the error Warning: Can't convert GPS:GPSAltitudeRef (not in PrintConv).
When changing that to -GPSAltitudeRef="above" it works correct.
See my jExifToolGUI cross-platform java application (Website, Releases, Changelog) for Phil's marvelous exiftool.