Tags counter

Started by a.baule, September 28, 2014, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a.baule

Hello,

First of all I am very happy that you made such a great program like this. I have searched around the web for that kind of functionality and I finally found it.

I am currently processing all the photos I have got since 2001 (my first digital photo) and in the end I want to rename all of them with the date... Which is pretty easy with your software.

I came across different photos that software had modified in the mean time and had messed with the metadata... So I am trying to fix that up as well so every photo taken with the same camera should have identical number of tag.

1-So I wonder if a feature exists to identify quicly the group tags and the number of tag attached to it, and be able to get kind of a summary report so I will easily identify the one that needs to be reprocessed. I tried to extract all tags but for some photos I got hundreds of column and it cannot be processed easily.

2-I have a couple of AVI video that were taken with some cameras. I know that you are not supporting AVI and I understand that, but isn't it just possible to add the support of the metadata that is dealing with the datetime create so it can be recognized easily?

Thank you for your awesome job.

Armand

Phil Harvey

Hi Armand,

You can use ExifTool to rename AVI's too.  Actually, it will rename any type of file.

Typically, if I want to identify images that were modified, the first thing I look at is the Software tag, maybe with a command something like this:

exiftool -T -software -directory -filename -r DIR

where DIR is the name of a directory containing the images (or containing other directories with images since I used the -r option).

I hope this helps.  I'm not really sure of what you will need to identify the modified files in your particular situation.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).