Main Menu

Exif and El Capitan

Started by derekhandforth, July 12, 2015, 10:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derekhandforth

I am running El Capitan Beta and a Photo Tagger "Geotag Photos Pro" on my MacBook Pro.

When I run the Geotag programme I am asked to run Exif Tool.  When I do I get an error message saying the version is incompatible with 10.11

I have downloaded the latest version of Exif but no luck.

Where can I get a version that will run with El Capitan?

Thanks

Hayo Baan

I'm quite certain it is not exiftool that is incompatible as it is "just" a perl program and basically runs everywhere perl is installed. No, I think it is your Geotagger itself. So I'd ask around there to see if there is a solution.

(but yes, incompatible software is exactly what you should expect when you run beta OS software!)
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

ExifTool is compatible with 10.11, but the OS X install package apparently doesn't work for 10.11, so for now you would have to install it manually, or use the Unix install.   See the install instructions for details.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Hayo Baan

Ah, right, it could be the installer, of course. But as he mentioned the problem when running exiftool I didn't think to mention that  :)
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

derekhandforth

Many thanks everyone.  I have sent all your comments to Geotag Photos Pro developer.

Derek