Flir Tools and GPS info

Started by mtndewdewd, February 13, 2016, 04:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtndewdewd

Before opening and saving a file with the Flir Tools + application I can see the EXIF information in Geosetter. After I open and save with Flir tools now I get the error "exiftool - Warning - GPS pointer references previous ExifIFD"

Any help? Using Geosetter 3.4.16 with ExifTool 10.10

Thanks in advance for the help.

StarGeek

Sounds like a bug with Flir Tools, not Exiftool.

Is the EXIF data now gone after running Flir tools?  Have you tried checking from the command line (Exiftool -g1 -Exif:all -a FileOrDir)?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

mtndewdewd

Agree - but in my searching I saw this is a common thing and the tool has been changed in the past based on changes to how the Flir software incorrectly updates Exif information.

Attached are 2 outputs from the command you specified showing the exiftool cannot see GPS data after the file was saved by flir tools and a raw output shows the gps data parsing error.

Phil Harvey

If you email me the sample image I'll take a look.  My mail is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).