Can change EXIF date on only few files (same format, ARW)

Started by JeyC, February 18, 2016, 07:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyC

Hi!

I'm IT Manager since 15 years. I'm not a fully newbie :o

But, after hours, I need your help...

I'm back at home after 3 weeks. I used 2 cameras (Canon 6D and Sony A7S II).

I synchronized cameras together before shooting. But, it's only at home I saw that I use 2015 on the Sony (wrong), and 2016 on the 6D (good).

I need to sort images with by using Exif Hour, and put GPS position in each picture.

So, I tried to change Exif year in all ARW raw files. I used this softwares :
- Attribute Changer
- Exiftool with timedrift ( exiftool "-AllDates+=1:0:0" DIR2 )
- PhotoMe
- FastStone Image Viewer
- EXIF Date Changer
- EXIF.exe
- and finally GeoSetter (use ExifTool)

On my first batch test, only 3 files are modified. 22 other not.

I don't understand why it work on just few, and not on other.

Please, do you have an idea?

I have lot of picture and I need work on.

Phil Harvey

Quote from: JeyC on February 18, 2016, 07:09:53 AM
- Exiftool with timedrift ( exiftool "-AllDates+=1:0:0" DIR2 )

This will add 1 hour to the time.  To add one year, use "-alldates+=1:0:0 0:0:0"

AddDates is a shortcut for DateTimeOriginal, CreateDate and ModifyDate.  If a file doesn't contain any of these, then it won't be modified.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

JeyC

I already tried "-alldates+=1:0:0 0:0:0", before only "-alldates+=1:0:0"

Just few file are modified, not all.

Why ?

raw from A7S II are different?

Phil Harvey

Try adding the -v2 option to see what is happening.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

JeyC

With -v2 all pictures are modified, so my problem is fixed.

Phil Harvey

The -v2 option only changes the output messages.  If it works with the -v2 option, it would have worked without.  Something else must have changed.

- Phil

JeyC

Phil Harvey

If this is true, it is a bug in ExifTool.

Please send me a file that isn't modified without -v2 and the exact command you are using, and I will look into this.  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil

JeyC