Direct Exiftool to a specific folder

Started by RossTP, June 30, 2017, 12:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossTP

Hi all,

I realise this might have been asked in a previous thread, but I cannot seem to find a solution (perhaps I'm searching for it incorrectly?). I'm basically trying to use Exiftool from within R, using a system() call, to copy images recursively from one part of my computer to another. In addition, I have to remove all metadata from every image. To achieve this I've used the following code:

exiftool -r -all= -o '/.../images' -ext jpg . '/.../copied_images'

Now the code works, but instead of scanning the "images" folder, exiftool scans from my working directory. How do I tell exiftool to only look into the "images" folder? I thought '/.../images' would achieve this, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Computer: Mac; OS: macOS Sierra

Cheers,
Ross

StarGeek

Quote from: RossTP on June 30, 2017, 12:51:50 AM
exiftool -r -all= -o '/.../images' -ext jpg . '/.../copied_images'

The dot indicates you want to process the current directory.  It will also process '/.../copied_images'.  Those are the two directories you are asking exiftool to process.  Files will be copied to the directory specified by the -o option, in this case, '/.../images' is where the copied files will end up. 
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

RossTP

So that's what the dot does! Thanks so much!!