Get a huge file when writing some tags on it

Started by jgautier, December 27, 2017, 07:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgautier

hi,

I have a problem with one image file.

When I try to write a tag on it, I've got a very very big file (several Gb) that grows and grows again....

Here's the command i try (on linux) :
exiftool -Keywords+=word -o hidef_updated_test/HL_ABRUY_BEHIND_046728.jpg hidef_tomod_test/HL_ABRUY_BEHIND_046728.jpg

The file can be downloaded here :
http://juliengautier.net/HL_ABRUY_BEHIND_046728.jpg

I can't understand why...

Thanks a lot for your answer.

JG

Phil Harvey

Wow.  I can replicate this problem with the sample you provided.

I will track this down and fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the bug report and sample image.  I'll post back here when I discover the reason.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

I was wondering what was wrong because I wasn't seeing it.  But then I check my version (10.68), upgraded and now I see it.  So whatever the error is, it's recent.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Yes, thanks StarGeek.  This bug was introduced in 10.69 when I added the ability to write a 0-length JPEG comment.

I've fixed this and released 10.70 which should solve the problem.

Thanks again for the bug report!

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

jgautier