Generating a spreadsheet

Started by rambo3, July 05, 2017, 12:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Add the -csv option to the last command.  But I'm guessing that this output will be fine, and that the problem is in importing the file into whatever spreadsheet you are using.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Tiago.Lima

i had already tried that, and the output was fine, thats why i was so confused on what could be the problem, im using openoffice to open the .csv generated.

c:\Windows\exiftool>exiftool -config C:\Windows\exiftool\CM.config -xresolution -yresolution -resolutionunit -imagewidth -imageheight -csv -xcm -ycm -G1 C:\Users\Tiago.Lima\Desktop\teste2\image_25.tif

SourceFile,IFD0:XResolution,IFD0:YResolution,IFD0:ResolutionUnit,IFD0:ImageWidth,IFD0:ImageHeight,Composite:XCm,Composite:YCm
C:/Users/Tiago.Lima/Desktop/teste2/image_25.tif,300,300,inches,3525,4985,29.845,42.2063333333333

has it appears in the line but not how it appears in the .csv  :-\

Phil Harvey

Yup.  Sorry.  I was asking the wrong questions because I thought you had a problem with ExifTool.  I think you need some help with OpenOffice to figure out this problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Tiago.Lima

yeah thats what i figured, just tought you might have seen something like this before.

i'll try to figure out whats going on, and if so ill get back to you

much appriciated for everything

Tiago

Tiago.Lima

Phil,

I think the problem really was from open office, i tried a simple csv viewer and everything appear as it should.

however it requires me to open the file with one software and then paste it to another and thats ok but if i wanted to try and see if the problem could be solved changing from cm to mm i could just edit the file you sent me and where its     my $Cm2In=2.54; i could change it to my $Mm2In=25.4;

Kind regards

Phil Harvey

I haven't responded to this post because you haven't asked a question.  But since you have copied this to me twice in personal messages it seems you are waiting for a response.

What can I help you with?

- Phil

Tiago.Lima

Phil,

Sorry to bother you.

My question was, in order to have the data displayed in MM instead of CM, i tried to change my $Cm2In=2.54 to my $Mm2In=25.4;but that didnt solve it, do i need to make any more changes?

Kind Regards

Phil Harvey

You would also have to change "Cm2In" to "Mm2In" everywhere it appears in the file.

- Phil

Tiago.Lima

Good Morning Phil,

I hope you had a merry christmas and a happy new year

Sorry to bother you again regarding this matter.

i attached my modifications to change the CM to MM can you check it out and maybe point out what im doing wrong.

kind regards

Phil Harvey

There was a bug in the original Pica.config and hence my Cm.config as well.  I have fixed this bug and done the conversion to mm properly (all that was needed was to multiply by 10).

Attached is a config file that should do what you want.

- Phil

StarGeek

Quote from: Phil Harvey on January 03, 2018, 07:16:50 AM
There was a bug in the original Pica.config

Pica, Pica*

* Translation: Sad StarGeek sorry, has updated config in original post.

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Tiago.Lima

Thank you Phil,

I've been away from the office and just now had the chance to try it out and worked like a charm.

Many thanks