Extract GPS coordinates for all pictures in one file

Started by angelpoo, January 20, 2011, 07:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Each line of your CSV is enclosed in quotes.  That means each line is a single cell.  Remove the leading and trailing quote and it should work.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Kirubel Tadesse

Hello everyone,

I was using the command [exiftool -filename -gpslatitude -gpslongitude -T U1 > out.txt]. When I open the out.txt file I get the names of the image and - - (two dashes). Does that me the images doesn't content GPS fields? I also would like to know which time is the image created time among (Modification, Access, Inode Date/TIme)?

Phil Harvey

Yes, a dash means the given tag wasn't extracted from the file.

Add -createdate to your command to extract the creation time if it exists in the metadata.

As for filesystem creation date: If you are on Unix the file creation date isn't stored in the filesystem.  On Mac, this can be accessed through the MDItemFSCreationDate tag.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).