.ExifTool_config "marker"

Started by amkellett, April 10, 2018, 06:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amkellett

Hi, I am not convinced .ExifTool_config has been successfully "used" by Exiftool (its a comment on my confidence in what I have done.)

I naively wrote a print statement in the .ExifTool_config file, hoping to see it get executed. 
snippett below:

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined = (
    'Image::ExifTool::XMP::Main' => {
        Camera => {
            SubDirectory => {
                TagTable => 'Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Camera',
            },
        },
    },
);

print "initialized";

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Camera = (
    GROUPS => { 0 => 'XMP', 1 => 'XMP-Camera', 2 => 'Camera' },
    NAMESPACE => { 'Camera' => 'http://pix4d.com/camera/1.0/'  },
    WRITABLE => 'string',
    Yaw             => { Writable => 'real' },

I saw nothing  :(

Any suggestions on how this might work either with a print statement or some other way?
Thanks!

StarGeek

It looks like your config file is incomplete.  %Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Camera = ( section doesn't have a closing paren.

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

amkellett

That was a snippet, and I split parentheses - sorry. 
I guess my question is what clues do I have that the .ExifTool_config has been loaded without writing user-defined xmp tags? 
I am new to writing user-defined tags and I can't tell if my tag writing is bad or if my definition of custom tags is wrong.

This is my problem:

C:\AV GIS\Dole_tests>exiftool -config "c:\exif_tool\.ExifTool_config" -xmp:yaw="66.66" IMG_000756_RGB.jpg
Warning: Undefined XMP namespace: avi - IMG_000756_RGB.jpg
    0 image files updated
    1 image files unchanged[/tt][/tt]

This was just one of my attempts to make this work, so I explicitly used the config switch at the beginning of the cmd and put the value 66.66 in quotes in a desperate attempt at making this work.
Thanks,

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

amkellett