Analyzing images from a drone acquired using FLIR TAU2 camera

Started by hebazxcv, August 05, 2018, 12:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebazxcv

Hello All,
I am thinking of the best and easy way to analyze 1000 images acquired using Tau2 640 camera from a drone (One sample image is attached). I tried to get the raw image and use the equations in the forum to convert it to temperature but I had no success with that, I am using matlab to view the images and do the image stitching but my main goal is to have something from the images like temperature and correct them for atmospheric conditions. Any suggestions would be helpful? Thank you.

Phil Harvey

The raw thermal image isn't stored separately in this file as with other FLIR models.  It looks like the JPEG image itself is the thermal data.  Odd.  But the FLIR metadata used to convert the RAW data to a temperature scale also doesn't exist in this image, so I don't know how this would be done.  Has this image been edited by any other software that could have removed this metadata?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

hebazxcv

Hello Phil,
Thank you for your reply, I am still waiting for an answer from my colleague regarding the images since he sent me those images a week ago. I will reply again when he answer on my question. Thank you and have a good day.

hebazxcv

Hello Phil,
I just got an answer, so the images were not processed and this is the format output from the camera. Any suggestion on how to process those images and get useful information from them?. The first thing that comes to my mind is to have a reference object on ground with know temperature and try to build a relationship between intensity and temperature!.

Phil Harvey

I suggest posting the sample and asking this question here.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

hebazxcv

Hello Phil,
I posted the same question there, thank you.