Undefined Namedspace

Started by RobiWan, August 13, 2018, 11:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hi,

I try to modify some XMP Files (created with Photo Supreme) but I receive error message:

Error: Undefined XMP namespace: xapRights - C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2504/EOS7DMKII/RAW/2015/02/28/_rr_0703.xmp
I'm on Windows with latest ExifTool version. I thing my XMP files are correct.

-verify - warnings give no messages. -a -s -G1 give me correct output.

@Phil - can you give me support Email Address, so I can send you a example (they have some personal data so I don't want to post it here)

Robert

Phil Harvey

Hi Robert,

My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I got the sample, thanks.

ExifTool won't write this file because an xmpns entry doesn't exist for the xapRights prefix.  The offending line is here:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:xmpRights="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/rights/" xapRights:Marked="True"/>

As you see, the namespace was defined for "xmpRights", but the prefix used was "xapRights".  If you change this to "xmpRights", then ExifTool will write the file.

I will improve validation of XMP namespaces to catch this problem with -validate in the next version of ExifTool.

Thanks for this report.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RobiWan

Hi Phil,

thank you so much

Robert