Get Destination Filename using an .args file

Started by Kendavros, August 31, 2018, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendavros

Hello Forum,

How can I get the destination filename instead of the default source filename using an .args file ?

Example with : ExifTool.exe % -P -all= -tagsFromFile @ -@ ak.args -struct -o "xYz.jpg" "2018061422.JPG"
               and : -IPTC:Headline<Original File Name: ${FileName;s/(^\d{1,8}).*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$/AbC-($1-$2).\L$2/i}
                        in the .args file, I get the source filename as: "Original File Name: AbC-(20180614-JPG).jpg"

How can I replace "FileName" to obtain : "Original File Name: AbC-(xYz.jpg).jpg" with a single ExifTool call ?

Thanks for your help.

Phil Harvey

I read your post 6 times and still don't understand what you want.  Maybe its too late tonight.  I'll try again tomorrow.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I see.  No, there is no tag which gives the destination file name.  The only way to do this in one command is to modify the argument that writes IPTC:Headline so it uses the new file name.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).