Bad Photoshop IRB resource "\x002\x1c\x02"

Started by BrianFisk, December 01, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianFisk

I have written some python code to add IPTC data to a jpeg file.  The updated jpeg file has the subject error message when I generate an HTML report from exiftool.  I can't find that string in the file and the IPTC data looks good to me.  Can you advise exactly what exiftool is reporting please. I have attached the jpeg file.

It would be helpful, when reporting errors like this, to have some pointer to the location in the file of the error e.g. at byte 0x1035

Many thanks

Brian

Phil Harvey

The image you posted is not the same as the one you used for the exif.html output.

I get these warnings with the image you posted:

> exiftool ~/Desktop/ImageAdd.jpg -validate -warning -a
Validate                        : 13 Warnings (1 minor)
Warning                         : [minor] Odd offset for ExifIFD tag 0x9286
Warning                         : Value for ExifIFD tag 0x9286 overlaps IFD
Warning                         : JPEG format error
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG ExifIFD tag 0x9000 ExifVersion
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG ExifIFD tag 0x9101 ComponentsConfiguration
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG ExifIFD tag 0xa000 FlashpixVersion
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG ExifIFD tag 0xa001 ColorSpace
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG ExifIFD tag 0xa002 ExifImageWidth
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG ExifIFD tag 0xa003 ExifImageHeight
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG IFD0 tag 0x011a XResolution
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG IFD0 tag 0x011b YResolution
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG IFD0 tag 0x0128 ResolutionUnit
Warning                         : Missing required JPEG IFD0 tag 0x0213 YCbCrPositioning

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BrianFisk

Phil,

many thanks for your prompt reply.

Actually the html file had the correct output appended to it at the end but I hadn't spotted that.  Unfortunately I can't currently recreate the error and it was in a 2.3 Mb jpeg which I can't add to this forum.

I've tried running the same command as you 

exiftool Imageadd.jpg -validate -warning -a

but I only get the following output:

Validate                        : 6 Warnings (4 minor)
Warning                         : [minor] Odd offset for IFD0 tag 0x0132
Warning                         : [minor] Odd offset for ExifIFD tag 0x9003
Warning                         : Value for ExifIFD tag 0x9003 overlaps IFD
Warning                         : [minor] Odd offset for ExifIFD tag 0x9004
Warning                         : [minor] Odd offset for ExifIFD tag 0x9286
Warning                         : JPEG format error

how do I get the rest of the information about the JPEG format error please?

Thanks again

Brian

Phil Harvey

Hi Brian,

The JPEG format error indicates that the image doesn't end with a proper EOI marker.  This usually indicates a corrupted or truncated image.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).