Proyect edited in mp4, metadata

Started by testerforumbinary, January 29, 2020, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testerforumbinary

Hi, thank you so much for your time. I'd like to know why not i can see the gps information of a .mp4 video which was found on the internet.

Thank you.

StarGeek

It may not have any gps data.  A lot of social media sites scrub images and videos of identifiable metadata.

Run this command (replace <FileOrDir> with the path to the file)
exiftool -G1 -a -s -ee -gps*  <FileOrDir>
That will output any embedded gps data that exiftool can find.

If you are certain it has gps data that exiftool doesn't show, then a sample file taken while moving outside would be needed to see if it could be added.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

testerforumbinary

Thank you so much, I thought the same that it has not the gps information. Could you tell me if there is any way that a editor software add information about gps, mac or ip when you export to a file in mp4?

StarGeek

Exiftool can set the Quicktime:GPSCoordinates tag and the XMP GPS tags in an MP4/Mov video.  You would set it like -GPSCoordinates="<Latitude> <Longitude> <Altitude>"  For example
exiftool -GPSCoordinates="40.6892 -74.0445 0" File.mp4

Exiftool can't add a gps track to the video stream.  There is no standard to do so and it seems every manufacturer of video cameras or drone cameras does it differently.  So far, exiftool can extract 37 different ways that gps data is embedded in the stream.  So even if someone made a program to do so, which way would they do it?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).