Previous topic - Next topic

sweebee

I want to export all the gyro data from a insta360 video file. like:

I tried the following:

exiftool -ee video.mp4

I get some gyro data:

Time Code                       : 15.070
Accelerometer                   : 0.031494140625 -0.8662109375 -0.500244140625
Angular Velocity                : 0.721184015274048 -0.442084729671478 -0.502804815769196
Time Code                       : 15.072
Accelerometer                   : 0.03515625 -0.86083984375 -0.516357421875
Angular Velocity                : 0.713727176189423 -0.399474173784256 -0.470846891403198

The problem is that I only get 20000 rows of gyro data. I also see the following:

Warning                         : [Minor] Insta360 accelerometer data is huge. Processing only the first 20000 records

Is there a way to get all the data?

Phil Harvey

Minor warnings are ignored with the -m option.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Vn2k

Phil, I had the same question and when I use -m eventually I run "out of memory" when trying to write it to a file.

Is there a way to avoid it? Maybe a command that splits the data to many output files?
Thanks.

Phil Harvey

Unfortunately the way ExifTool works it loads all metadata into memory before outputting.  This would work under any operating system other than Windows if you can do that.  Windows unfortunately has a memory limitation for command-line applications that I don't know how to bypass.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Vn2k

Thanks for the quick reply.
How about if I ask for one parameter each time and then end up with multiple outputs I can stitch together? Would that help? Is that possible with exiftool?
And just to be clear, if I run an OS other than windows on a VM this should run with no issues?

StarGeek

Phil, would the Perl version have this same problem on Windows?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

I'm not a Windows expert.

There is a small chance that the 64-bit alternate Windows version would have a larger memory allocation, but I wouldn't count on it.

The pure Perl version running on Windows may not have the problem, but this depends entirely on how you run Perl.  I'm guessing that running Perl under Cygwin in Windows wouldn't have the problem, but just running at the DOS command line probably would.

- Phil

Vn2k

Running the command in Perl worked fine for me under Win64.
Thanks a lot.

Phil Harvey

Can you provide some details?  What perl version, and what console did you use?  How did you launch Perl?

- Phil

StarGeek

Heh, I was about to ask for a sample as I went through the process of installing the Windows Subsystem for Linux in order to check if that worked.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).