Remove easily all LightRoom editing information (Feature Request)

Started by Bob123, March 19, 2021, 06:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob123

Feature Request
It would be great if you could add a method "-LightRommEditing:all=" to remove easily all LightRoom editing information! (Local adjustments and/or Global adjustments)
(I have photos with up do 140.000 "crs:PaintBasedCorrections" lines in the EXIF data!!)

I have posted this feature request at Adobe:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-export-dialog-should-have-much-more-metadata-options-feature-request/6055260048c04b49e768f00a
But you are probably more responsive than they are. ;-)  ;)

Thanks a lot,
Bob

StarGeek

This can be done by creating your own Shortcut tag.  A shortcut tag binds multiple tags together so you can edit them in one command.  An example is the AllDates tag, which is a shortcut for CreateDate, DateTimeOriginal, and ModifyDate.

Check the Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Shortcuts section near the top of the example.config file.  The "MyShortcut" line would be the one you would duplicate, replacing "MyShortcut" with the name of your tag and single quote the names of the tags you want to include, separated by commas, and enclosed in brackets.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Hi Bob,

This command may do what you want:

exiftool -xmp-crs:all= FILE

Adobe really shouldn't be storing detailed editing information like this in XMP.  I have complained to the top-level management about this, to no avail.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Bob123

Quote from: StarGeek on March 19, 2021, 08:14:25 PM
This can be done by creating your own Shortcut tag.  A shortcut tag binds multiple tags together so you can edit them in one command.  An example is the AllDates tag, which is a shortcut for CreateDate, DateTimeOriginal, and ModifyDate.

Check the Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Shortcuts section near the top of the example.config file.  The "MyShortcut" line would be the one you would duplicate, replacing "MyShortcut" with the name of your tag and single quote the names of the tags you want to include, separated by commas, and enclosed in brackets.
I had looked at this, but the apparent complexity prevented me to go further...
Thank you StarGeek.

Bob123

Quote from: Phil Harvey on March 19, 2021, 08:49:29 PM
Hi Bob,

This command may do what you want:

exiftool -xmp-crs:all= FILE

Adobe really shouldn't be storing detailed editing information like this in XMP.  I have complained to the top-level management about this, to no avail.

- Phil

Your tip "exiftool -xmp-crs:all= FILE" works fine for me.

Also, I have just discovered Jeffrey Friedl's plugin "Metadata Wrangler" for LightRoom Classic. Now I can export from LR without crs data.
http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/metadata-wrangler

Thank you Phil Harvey.