Trouble writing to user defined tag containing a dot character

Started by gregreser, April 07, 2021, 11:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

I've looked at your vrae config file.  It is too much to add unless there are more people who request this namespace.  Adding such a lot of code will slow down running of ExifTool, and right now this outweighs the advantage of adding built-in vrae support.  I think the best solution at the moment is for you to continue using your custom config file.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Quote from: StarGeek on May 21, 2021, 09:43:45 PM
Phil is probably away from the computer spending time outdoors.  His EBird page shows a lot of updates.

Yes.  May is spring migration for the birds here, and there is only a small window of time to see many species, so I've been busy doing that as StarGeek says.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

gregreser

Thanks for taking the time to look at the config file. I'm happy that is even possible to do custom structures in ExifTool.