gps track data on Xiaomi phone video

Started by emmexx, July 20, 2021, 08:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmexx

Not sure if this is the right discussion.

I've got a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 S phone and I would like to know if the video or time-lapse files have gps info on each frame. I tried some command from other threads but my knowledge of exiftool is very limited, I couldn't understand if the file has that info.

This is a test file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c6e9JTTUPvD9PXWY65bnMlp4YASp8cDW/view?usp=sharing

Can somebody tell me what command to use and what to look for to understand if the gps track info is there or not?

Thank you
   maxx

StarGeek

Exiftool doesn't appear to be able to parse any GPS track from this file.  Phil might be able to check out the sample file if he can find the time.

One thing to note is that video files are rarely synced up between the frame rate and the GPS coordinates.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

I've taken a look at the file, and don't see any timed GPS data.  There is a JPEG preview that ExifTool isn't extracting (I'll add support for that), but I think it is extracting everything else.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).