New XMP tags introduced by LR 11.0

Started by johnrellis, November 15, 2021, 07:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrellis

LR 11.0 introduces new XMP tags:

lr:weightedFlatSubject - similar to dc:subject, but LR uses it to represent any ordering of keywords provided by the user.

crs:MaskGroupBasedCorrections - represents the new masking of LR 11.0, a complicated nested structure. Some of the substructures are similar to those of the older GradientBasedCorrections, CircularGradientBasedCorrections, and PaintBasedCorrections.

I've attached a sample .xmp that includes both of these tags with what I hope is an exhaustive set of substructure examples.

Phil Harvey

Hi John,

Thanks for this report.

Actually, this file includes a number of new tags that I will see about adding to the next version:

XMP-exif:SensitivityType
XMP-exif:RecommendedExposureIndex
XMP-aux:NeutralDensityFactor
XMP-crs:CompatibleVersion
XMP-crs:Table_63DA589718278D404BE12FA63F10DC99
XMP-crs:Table_C07CDF1404E50E464550375D53ADEFDD
XMP-crs:MaskGroupBasedCorrections
XMP-crs:RangeMaskMapInfo
XMP-lr:weightedFlatSubject

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

johnrellis

Phil Harvey

Stupid Adobe.  They screwed up the new XMP-exifEX tags and put them in the XMP-exif group instead. :(

And in typical Adobe fashion, they over-complicate things:  The RangeMaskMapInfo structure contains one element, which is a RangeMapMaskInfo structure. :/  I wonder whether this was just an error when they programmed the schema?  Anyway, to avoid confusion and redundancy in tag names I'm going to call this RangeMask, and the contained structure MapInfo.

ExifTool 12.36 will support all of these new tags except for the XMP-crs:Table_xxxx and the erroneous XMP-exif tags.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).