Add GoPro Acceleration and Gyroscope data to frames

Started by lombardata, February 02, 2021, 02:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lombardata

Hi everyone,
I'm new in the forum so I will start by saying that I am grateful to all the exiftool moderators for the work they have done so far.
I started using exiftool a month ago and, after taking my first steps in peace, I encountered a problem.
I have a GoPro video (.MP4) and would like to cut it into photos (with a clearly defined frequency) and then add the metadata from the video to the individual photos I generated in the previous step.
I have successfully extracted the metadata from the video (acceleration and gyrosocpo) into .csv files and cutted the video into pictures, but now the problem of aggregating the metadata to the photos remains.
I noticed that the tags "Acceleration" and "Gyroscope" already exist, but I don't understand how I can import them from a .csv file (by the way, for both variables I have the values on the 3 axes: x, y, z).
Thank you all in advance and I apologise if this question has already been asked (I have searched the forum but have not found a similar answer),
Lombardata

Phil Harvey

You will need to write your own script to decide which of the Accelerometer/Gyroscope values corresponds to the frame of video you have extracted.  ExifTool doesn't have a mechanism to do this for you.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Also, the Gopro Acceleration and Gyroscope tags are not writable (see GoPro tags page).
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

lombardata

ok,
thank you very much !
So I've to create 2 new tags (using https://www.exiftool.org/config.html) and then attach the metadata thanks to the time?
Have a good day and congratulations for this tool, it's very useful :D

Julitocas85

Good day I'm very new to this tool, thanks for any help you can provide. I have a GoPro 10 and wanted to extract all the meta data included in it, I was able to create a GPX file but it doesn't contain any information about my leaning angle, I was wondering if anyone can help me to get it so that I can improve my anĂ¡lisis on videos of track days thanks so much in advance I used -ee

Phil Harvey

Can you provide a sample so I have something for testing?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).