DC-S5 missing values for WhiteBalance

Started by herb, November 30, 2022, 03:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herb

Hello Phil,

This is my 2nd post I ask others for help.

I found some images from a Panasonic DC-S5 camera with unknown values for tag "WhiteBalance".
The unknown values are: e.g. 20 or 28.

Looking into ExifTool file "panasonic.pm" I have seen that the current knowledge is from post #9296 "Update Panasonic Tags Whitebalance" by Klaus_Homeister from 2018 based on camera GX-8.
I compared the manual of GX-8 and the new DC-S5 and have seen that DC-S5 has really new settings for WhiteBalance:
- AWBc
- AWBw
- Kelvin2 to Kelvin4

And sorry; I do not know the missing values used in metadata.
Nevertheless I feeled free to post it.

Now for me the following question comes up: Does it make sense to post such information?

Ok; when somebody (who owns a DC-S5 camera) reads the post now: may be he/she will give the solution to ExifTool.
But usuallay the post becomes old and older and nobody will read such old posts.
Does it make sense you/we put such "open/missing things" to a specific list where others can find it.

Sorry in case of I ennoyed you.
Thanks in advance
Best regards
herb

Phil Harvey

Hi Herb,

I don't think it would be worth the effort to list all of these unknown values.  The best we can hope for is that someone who owns the camera will complain about unknown values that they see and eventually these will get filled in.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).