tool trace ~

Started by alvin1101, June 29, 2023, 01:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin1101

Excuse me ... :)

Can you see the traces after exiftool modification?

StarGeek

Can you clarify your question?  I don't understand what you're asking.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

alvin1101

Is there any way to see that the file is modified by exiftool?

Thanks~

StarGeek

That can depend.  If XMP data is edited, then exiftool will add/change the XMPToolkit to "Image::ExifTool ##.##" (where ##.## is the version number).  But that can be changed to anything with exiftool.  XMP data can appear in images directly from the camera when the camera is able to detect faces, but other than that, it usually isn't there.

Beyond that, if someone took a detailed look at how the metadata is formatted in the file and compared it to how the data was formatted in an image directly from the camera, then they might be able to see differences. Things like different padding or byte order.  But that gets into the field of digital forensics.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

alvin1101

Thank you for your explanation
xmp information can be removed with exiftool,

Can the mp4 file see the traces of exiftool modification?

StarGeek

Quote from: alvin1101 on July 04, 2023, 04:50:47 AMCan the mp4 file see the traces of exiftool modification?

See my second paragraph.