Operation not permitted

Started by Sonja04, July 02, 2023, 10:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonja04

Hello everyone,
I am new to Exiftool and I am originally using it in CamtrapR but since I wanted to shift the time of images from within R I realised there was a problem.
While trying to check if the timeshift was successful, I dragged and dropped an image to the ExifTool Reader application and I get the error message:
"./ExifToolReader_main.bash.x: ./exiftool: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: Operation not permitted"
This will possibly explain why the operation in R was likely not successful either.

How can it be that the operation is not permitted? How can I resolve this?
FYI I am working on a Mac running the latest MacOS Monterey version available for my device (12.6.7)
If I try to extract the metadata by drag'n'drop onto the terminal I get "Pattern not found". (I have run "exiftool" before)

Thank you!
Sonja

StarGeek

A quick search found this similar StackOverflow question.  See if any of the answers there help.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

wywh

Does Terminal.app have Full Disk Access enabled at System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access? (... > Files and Folders: Desktop, Documents, Removables also works in my setup).

Sonja04

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions!!
What helped in the end was the command of FAQ 3a although I don't know why it doesn't work in the usual way and I can not use the Desktop application. I was processing .jpg images in Exiftool Reader 1.0.8 on MacOS Monterey 12.6.7
However, I am very happy that I now could change dateTimeoriginal from within R. What slightly confuses me is that no copy was created of the originals but this is not a problem for me since I kept a copy myself.
Just a quick question: is there a way to also change the date printed on the picture?

Best,
Sonja

StarGeek

Quote from: Sonja04 on July 04, 2023, 01:46:34 AMJust a quick question: is there a way to also change the date printed on the picture?

If the date is directly part of the image, then no.  Unless you are good with Photoshop or similar program.  It is part of the image data and can only be changed by editing the image.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).