ExiftoolWrapper permission denied

Started by nella, June 24, 2024, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nella

Hi! i'm trying to use exiftoolwrapper in c# .net application on MacOs but when I try to start ExiftoolWrapper it give me the exception "Operation not permitted". Someone can help me? please

using (var etw = new ExifToolWrapper(@"/usr/local/bin/exiftool"))
{
    etw.Start();
    d = etw.FetchExifFrom(@"dotnet_bot.png");
}

when I do etw.Start(); start the exception

Phil Harvey

I found this by googling.  Maybe it will help.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

nella

Thank you, but it didn't solve my problem

StarGeek

Maybe this (Medium link)?
Solving 'Operation not permitted' Error in VSCode on macOS

But from the sound of it, this seems to be a Mac permissions error, not an exiftool one. Doing a Google search on "Operation not permitted Mac" pulls up a lot of possible answers.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Yes, definitely not an ExifTool issue.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

nella

I've already tried it but it didn't work. I know maybe it's not an exiftool issue but I'm searching someone who is using exiftool in c# with MacOs and faced the same problem